TONARI GUMI AND THE JCCA’S “MAKING IT A HOME FUND”
Tonari Gumi and the Vancouver JCCA (TG-JCCA) are thrilled to be up and running in our brand new facility, the Yoneko Kusumoto Building, which was made possible by generous contributions from donors, sponsors, and partners. However, we are still in need of equipment and furnishings that will allow us to really bring the “home away from home” feeling to the new facility. For this, we are launching the “Making it a Home Fund” (MIAH Fund).
This new fundraising campaign is targeting a goal of $250,000 over the next five years. The funds raised will be put towards items such as:
• Helping to cover some unexpected building expenses due to City requirements to which necessitated major earthquake safety upgrades, asbestos removal, wheelchair access doors and enhanced fire protection features.
• Fixtures and accessories to ensure safe, easy access for members, seniors and the physically challenged to make use of all aspects of the building.
• Equipment and funds for building care and maintenance
Tom Kusumoto and his family have been instrumental in supporting the new facility and have generously kicked off the MIAH Fund with a $25,000 donation! We hope you share the Kusumoto family’s faith in our mission and will join them in supporting the MIAH Fund.
Contributions designated for the MIAH Fund will be used only for this purpose and will be separate from regular Tonari Gumi operations.
Donations and pledges can be made on an individual or group basis. All donors will be prominently recognized on plaques for each category and memberships granted to the principal donor(s). Our donor categories are listed below:
• Builders Club: $25,000 (pledges can be made for a maximum of 60 months)
• Foundation Club: $10,000 (pledges can be made for a maximum of 60 months)
• Kitchen Fund: $5,000 or more (pledges can be made for a maximum of 60 months)
• Gold Fund: $1,000 or more (pledges can be made for a maximum of 20 months)
• Silver Fund: $500 (pledges can be made for a maximum of 10 months)
A tax donation receipt will be issued for any contributions of $20 or more.
For more information on the Making It A Home Fund and how to make a donation:
• Call us at 604-687-2172,
• Donate on-line by just clicking the “Canada Helps” logo to the right, or
•Drop by and see us at 42 West 8th Avenue in Vancouver!
Please help us in making the Yoneko Kusumoto Building a true home away from home for our community. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.